Saturday, March 2, 2019

Waiting for spring!

Waitng for Spring  8x8 acrylic on archival Raymar panel


stilllife floral flowers impressionist

My son made this small black vase when he was in high school. He gave it to me as a gift and it is one of my favorite things. It shows  up fairly often in my interior and still life paintings. Mainly, it does so because it still brings me feelings of love and joy. I find  that I do my most personally satisfying work when I have an emotional attachment to the subject. Then, my memories combine with reality to create something more than a postcard or a pretty picture.
This little study is an example of manipulating my subject by connecting dark and light values. Also, by placing  a dark shape against a light one , a hard edge against a soft edge, I can create counter-change, an interesting rhythm in the painting.
I hope this little floral brings you a scent of springtime. It’s coming. This painting soon to be on Daily Paintworks.com  www.bonnieparuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment