Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Green House

The Green House 8x8 acrylic on a cradled panel

Landscape, cityscape, architecture,winter

I went to my studio today and I wondered at the lack of snow. In Green Bay we’ve moved from snow mountains, to river flooding, to puddles and now to spring!  This painting, however, is not about springtime. It’s about a neighborhood and its resilience.
This winter I often admired this quaint street and it’s older homes. The neighborhood itself surrounds old downtown De Pere and is located very close to my studio. It reminds me of some of the established neighborhoods in my hometown. The bungalows, four-square and story-and a-half -homes  speak to me.  I have a few photographs of this Superior Street view. It's the small teal-green house that always catches my eye. Even tho the snow has melted, today I was inspired to paint the story of this little green house in winter.
When I paint, I exaggerate, I minimize, I change colors, I do what it seems the painting and I need to do to get the job done. My job or goal is to find meaning in the small pleasures that life provides and to tell a short story in paint for you , the viewer to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment