Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Music of Spring

The Music of Spring


Landscape, Impressionist, winter , snow, water,

We recently spent a few days “north of Highway 64” at our small up north cottage. The amount of snow remaining was a huge surprise. The spring melt brought the sound of running, dripping and splashing water everywhere. When we drove into town for supplies we explored the countryside in the state forest.  I admired the small openings in the woods where ephemeral streams gurgled and flowed midst the slushy banks of snow. I took a photo and stored the image in my minds eye for another day.
Whenever I work from a photograph as a reference for a painting I use it for basic shapes and values. Then, when my subject is loosely blocked in, I put the photo away. The photograph is nothing more than a starting point, it’s the idea that matters. Here’s to Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment