Monday, March 4, 2019

Near Newport

“Near Newport”  8 x8 oil on an archival Raymar panel


Landscape, impressionist, nature, rural , trees

I often tuck away small studies that for one reason or another fail to measure up to my original intention. Yesterday, I was ruminating in my studio and I found an incomplete sketch I had begun on a quiet country road in northern Door County. It lacked  freshness and color interest, so I had another go at it.
I am enjoying the opportunity that daily painting presents. On the one hand,  there is a bit of pressure to create even when the muse is absent. On the other hand, I’m reminded that the work itself has value whether the final result is successful or not. Defining success is the tricky and very personal aspect of creating. When I can express an idea in painted form that is true to my original goal, then I feel I’m on the right (if somewhat rocky) path.
This little painting is a celebration of a quiet place and the colors of nature. Available www.bonnieparuch.com at auction

No comments:

Post a Comment