Saturday, March 9, 2019

The Summer of Roses

The Summer of Roses 8x8 oil on archival panel

Garden, landscape, floral, flowers , red, impressionist

My aunt Johanna never called me by my given name. Instead she called me Rose. My aunt Rosie, was a big influence in my dad’s life  and I believe she was the reason my middle name is Rose. My sister Judy, loved roses and following her death one in her yard bloomed beautifully.
Roses are often  a subject approached by artists. They signify love, fragility, the lushness of nature, bereavement and life among many other sentiments.
This little daily painting came to me in the middle of winter. It came like a little prayer for warmth, and family and love.
Artwork is really not about technical skill it’s about life. Available www.bonnieparuch  www.Daily Paintworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment