Monday, May 20, 2019

Remember the Rain

Remember the Rain  20 x 24 oil on canvas framed


Impressionist, cityscape, larger paintings

I’m often asked “Where  is this place?”. It happens when studio or gallery visitors view a landscape or cityscape. I can see the question in a wrinkled brow and in an inquisitive eye. To my discredit, I am sometimes loathed to tell them.
More often than not my paintings are intended to convey a sense of place or an atmosphere that is quite personal. For me, the initial spark that inspires a painting creates an evolution that I am not fully in control of. A certain white hot painting zen can take over and suddenly the street, the lakefront, the land begins to reflect other times and other places that belong to a lifetime of experiences.
If I tell a collector that, it’s New York, Chicago or Ephraim, what does it matter other than to cloud the image in their minds eye?
Remember The Rain is about just that. The place is of no consequence. The details can get in the way of  things in a painted idea. Do you remember a rainy day?
Courtesy of FineLine Designs Gallery , Ephraim.

No comments:

Post a Comment