Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Fractured Forms

Fractured  Forms  24  x 20 acrylic on canvas Framed


Abstract, Abstracted Realism, Larger Paintings

Abstract forms have always been the foundation or even the underpainting for my work. This painting began with a process of introspection. I spent some quiet time reflecting on the landscape around me. The soft Curves of a shore, hints of structures against a blue sky and calligraphic personal marks came to be in a dance between the canvas and me.
Many, many times a painting session begins with fully conscious decisions and then a mysterious thing happens. The painting begins to take on a life of it’s own. My approach to an abstract painting relies heavily on many years of landscape painting. I can’t seem to escape my roots as I expand my branches of expression. Abstracted realism is a description I use to identify this genre of my work.
The feeling I have about experimenting with painting techniques is the same as my feeling about travel , you never know what is around the bend, but you keep driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment