Thursday, May 2, 2019

Autumn Reflected

Autumn Reflected   8 x 8 acrylic on an archival Raymar panel


Landscape, water, lakeshore, abstract realism, abstract, impressionist

When I was a child I spent countless hours exploring the small pond near my house and the shoreline of Big Sand Lake in northern Wisconsin. A favorite pastime was to lie on pier or shoreline embankment and peer into the still and clear water. It seemed that I could see everything in those moments. The sky, the trees, and even myself were reflected back to me. The water seemed magical because with one swift push of my hand I could break the mirror like surface to find the crayfish and beautiful stones that lay just beyond my reach.
That little girl found a tremendous sense of peace and freedom in those moments. Perhaps the broken colors and brief impressions are still with me, deep inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment