Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Farmers Market

The Farmers Market 8x8 acrylic on an archival cradled panel


Cityscape, farmers, flowers, market, impressionist, figures

We recently signed up for two raised beds at a community garden close to downtown Green Bay. These community gardens are supported by the UWExtension.  It was obvious during the sign up that  enthusiasm for gardening, springtime and hopes for the coming season were running high. Our local farmers market is a rite of summer and early fall. During the market, the streets are packed with pedestrians and vendors. It is a colorful and vibrant event that I am looking forward to. When I go to The market I shop with my eyes and camera as well as leaving with bags of produce and bouquets of flowers.
I am always struck by the diversity of the products and by the diversity of the farmers.
Green Bay has a large, vibrant Hmong community and their skill at marketing and farming is always on display in their stalls. For some of these farmers flowers, the gorgeous flowers, are their specialty.
This little daily painting a tip of my hat to the market and it’s producers. It’s also my anticipation for summer blooming with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment