Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Red Booms!

Red Blooms!  9 x 12 Oil Pastel on Acid Free 140 lb gessoed watercolor Paper  ( matted to 11 x 14 )


Flowers, interior, window, red, impressionist

The light provided by a window is cool and welcoming. I am often intrigued by the qualities of interior spaces, particularly by the deep tones and saturated colors found there. Oil pastels have a unique and buttery application. Holding these sticks of artist pigment remind me of days spent coloring at our kitchen table. This Easter the “bunny” gave our grandson his own small collection of crayons for toddlers. When you give a child a stick of color they almost immediately engage in the scribbles and lines they make on the paper.  I think somewhere deep inside we have an innate drive to create, to make our mark.
Whenever I see puddles of color on my palette, or sticks of pigment, I go to that childlike place of wonder and joy in the act and art of being. Watching my grandson play with color reminded me to cherish my opportunity to create with abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment