Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Radical Radishes

Radical Radishes 8x8 acrylic on a cradled panel

Still-life, vegetables,foodie , garden, summer, impressionist

There are times when inspiration is as close as the refrigerator. Yesterday, I felt the desire to paint one of my daily paintings and the “muse” seemed to be absent. Supper time was approaching and as the fixings for a big salad appeared on the counter so did the muse. The white and red radishes were looking perky and they spent more time in my studio than in the salad bowl. It is sometimes very easy to over-fuss with a painting.I set a goal for myself with this still life study; to give movement and life to my humble subjects. Acrylic paints can take on many paint qualities. You can apply them in flat planes or shapes, they can be vivid or subdued and, as the mediums and paints have been improved and modified, they can also be luscious in their application. Painterly paint applications of thick and thin paint are possible  with acrylic paints. It’s the brushwork that matters not the paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment