Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Onions!

Onions! 8x8 acrylic on a cradled panel


Stilllife, vegetables, garden, kitchen, home, impressionist

Sometimes it is the ordinary, humble parts of a day that take on a mantle of beauty and delight. I was searching for inspiration the other day. It wasn’t coming easily. So, I took a break from being a painter and became a cook. I love to cook. My daughter-in-law recently commented that I have a cookbook obsession ( she meant it in a good way ) and she is right. I am hard pressed to pass a bookstore or book aisle in a resale shop without coming home with a new book of tasteful inspiration.
While I pondered and chopped and seasoned a batch of Minestrone soup , my sprouted onions  directed me to this little onion portrait.
I am so impressed with the savory onion. It can be spicy or subtle, sweet or pungent. It finds its way into most of my favorite recipes. It plays well with others. So, my ode to onions is a reminder that beauty does lie in the heart and eye of the beholder. Bon Appetite !

1 comment:

  1. I collect cookbooks, too! Leave some on the shelf for me, please! :)

    MMM

    ReplyDelete