Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Pink Sunset

Pink Sunset watercolor on 140 lb acid free watercolor paper 6 x9


When I first began to paint, my medium of choice was watercolor. In the early years I had small children and limited space ( and time ) and works on paper that dried quickly fit well into our busy lives. I have continued to use watercolor as an under painting for most of my pastels. Lately, I’ve had an “itch” to work in pure watercolor again. It is definitely a big change from my work in the opaque mediums. I enjoy using watercolors for small studies and sketches. They are immediate, fluid and at times very challenging.
One creative venture always leads me to another. Participating in a variety of mediums often enhances my work in ways I don’t immediately grasp. This little painting is available matted and simply framed. The subject is a memory of a little town above the bay in Door County.
www.BonnieParuch.com
DailyPaintworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment