Sunday, September 15, 2019

Nature made

Nature Made 10 x 10 acrylic on a gessoed archival board


Impression , abstracted realism , nature, landscape 

I love the idea of taking a form from nature and making it my own. When I first began painting I was learning to see as a painter in the medium of watercolor.  The Artist Barbara Nechis was a an influence as I poured over her book “Watercolor the Creative Experience” . One significant idea that she planted in my mind is benefit of conceptualizing a place, or a significant experience in nature, in one’s mind only. No brushes required until things percolate in the studio.
I think that both boredom, a creative itch and a desire to let a remembered place come forward led to this small painting. When time and motivation are available it becomes easier to take risks and to let things happen.  
There are a few treasured books I pull out when inspiration fails. They are a mixed lot, chosen for the message I gain from the authors verses the style they represent.  They range from impressionists to realists, abstractionists to expressionists, Ashcan  artists to Wyeth . Thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment