Monday, February 4, 2019

The Little One

  Still life ,  Viva the Flowers!  Size  8 x8 , medium oil on museum quality panel

In the midst of our bitterly cold winter vortex, I came across a little bouquet of fresh flowers at a local grocery store. They seemed to brighten the whole place when I brought the bouquet into my studio. I have a few favorite things that often make a repeat appearance in my still life paintings. When I picked up my old dark blue vase and popped the flowers in place, this little painting almost painted itself. My goal was to lay the oil paint down without fuss or tinkering. The bright blooms demanded my immediate attention. I had a great time immersed in the bright colors and suggestion of summer present in these flowers. Sometimes, painting is child’s play. Viva the Flowers in winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment